1. We have way too much stuff.
2. No amount of whining (on my part or my kids) changes the fact that I have to get it done (with or without help from said kids or anyone else). I will add some of those said kids have been much more helpful than others, which is usually the case as certain ones think hard work is for other people. All we can do is present the lesson, right? We can’t learn it for them.
3. Jealousy (over those who actually have movers to pack their stuff) does not help my current situation.
4. I really am never moving again, but if I do, I’ll be sure to have my EASY button handy.
5. The pool and a pool party for a certain Li’l Bro’s 8th birthday earlier this week is a nice diversion.
6. The deeper you get into the endeavor, the easier it is to throw stuff in the “get rid of” pile (whether by way of the thrift store or the garbage can). And taking photos of the inside of a rose at close range reveals there is often more than meets the eye.
7. Little dates on the calendar such as one’s 40th birthday do not slow down the progress that must be made if we are in fact going to move a week from today (which is looking doubtful for the things that are yet to be packed).
Happy 40th Birthday to me today.